Friday, January 9, 2009

My Little Student of the Month



Mindy is student of the month for her class for January. That means she worked really hard and didn't get any bad marks in class (or she didn't turn her card as that is what they do in her class when you get in trouble). Today was the awards assembly, plus all the first grade sang so she was really excited.  She made sure that I knew I was supposed to get her a balloon with candy tied on it because that's what everyone gets.  I talked to her teacher today just to find out if we really did need to bring her something or if the school did it because if it's everyone, that would seem like the school did it.  Her teacher said that not everyone gets one, but about half, and it's just whatever we want to do.  Some bring balloons with candy, some bring flowers and some with take their kid out to lunch or something.  But nothing is really required.  Of course, I didn't want Mindy to be the only one not getting anything, and I am really proud of her so I went and got a balloon and tied a package of starbursts on it with a little note.  I hope she liked it.

The assembly was really cute with the first graders singing songs in English and Spanish, and Mindy did a really good job.  Then they named all the student's of the month and when Mindy went up, Pete brought her her gift.  She was really cute with her little glittery crown on.

No comments:

Post a Comment